Essential Bad Company Songs



10. Electricland (Rough Diamonds)
I like how this is a bit of a darker song from Bad Company and fit well along with the changing musical styles of the 1980's. It reminds me a little of Pat Benatar's "You Better Run", too.

9. No Smoke Without A Fire (Dangerous Age)
This isn't a song with Paul Rodgers fronting Bad Company but that doesn't mean its bad song. It's kind of a slow-burner like "Burnin Sky" and is the best of the Brian Howe-era. And the cover with the kid lighting up is a pretty classic image that I knew about even before listening to Bad Company.

8. Run With The Pack (Run With The Pack)
I think the cover is a little lame... maybe it needed a ferocious wolf instead. But this is my favorite album by Bad Company and the title track is a real highlight.

7. Live For The Music (Run With The Pack)
I really wish I could put this higher but Bad Company has so many great songs. This definitely stands out because it's a great anthem for loving music... I definitely live for listening to music and experiencing live music with the friends I've made.

6. Silver Blue And Gold (Run With The Pack)

This song always stands out among the many great Bad Company songs because there was one time I was working late nights on 95-5 and this lady called to request the song. I thought it was kind of dumb at the time, but now years later, the lyrics stand out much more.

5. Movin On (Bad Company)
Paul Rodgers really just sings his heart out on songs like this and it sounds like women just totally done him wrong. Poor guy!

4. Bad Company (Bad Company)

I love when there's a song like this where it's also the name of the band and the name of the album. I can think of a few other instances- Black Sabbath and Hell Yeah, yet that last one isn't nearly as great as the other two.

3. Good Lovin Gone Bad (Straight Shooter)
Paul Rodgers is super fired up in this song, much like "Movin On" from their debut album- "If I hear you knocking hard up on my door, Ain't no way that I'm gonna answer it". I love how its basically just guns blazing rock n' roll.

2. Burnin Sky (Burnin' Sky)

I actually forgot about this song, since I guess it's not a "radio staple", until I heard a cover by Lynch Mob on a recent album.

1. Rock Steady (Bad Company)

My absolute favorite Bad Company song! Its got such a cool groove to it.. I wish it got more airplay on the radio because I didn't even discover this one til I dove into their first album.

Comments

Popular Posts